Of all the cures that have been discovered to relieve people from this breathing ailment, the more widely accepted are the asthma natural remedies. The main reason for its popularity is that it is natural. The other factor for its success is that there are no side effects. In recent times, more and more people are finding relief in these natural methods.
Acupressure: Acupressure has its origins in China. Unlike acupuncture, instead of needles, pressure is applied by the fingers at certain energy points in the body. These energy points, according to the Chinese, hold the key to correcting several body ailments.
Ayurveda: Ayurvedic methods of treatment differ from the conventional cure in that ayurveda suggests that asthma is caused due to toxin build-up in the body. This build-up of toxins is attributed to chemical imbalance and improper digestion. Correcting the diet, nutrition, and improving digestion are some of the common methods. Ayurvedic treatment requires the addition of certain herbs in the diet. You might be restricted from consuming dairy products and sugar. Also, cold foods have to be avoided.
Yoga: The breathing exercises used in yoga help to clear the lungs and the respiratory passages. Yoga aims at reducing stress and controls your breathing. There are several exercises in yoga that help asthmatic patients.
Home Remedies: There are several home remedies that help in combating the effects of asthma. These are the methods that will purely keep the symptoms at bay and are not to be considered as a cure. These are just concoction of things available at home that help to relieve a person from asthmatic symptoms.
Eat a ripe banana, warmed on a slow flame, sprinkled with black pepper. Asthmatic pains are known to subside with this.
• A glass of lime juice with two teaspoons of ginger juice and consumed daily is known to reduce the frequency of attacks.
• Drink milk with a teaspoon of honey before sleeping. Honey has asthma controlling properties.
• Drinking a glass of milk with a teaspoon of turmeric powder, two to three times a day is known as an effective asthma remedy.
• Another home remedy requires you to boil a glass of water with two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds. This should be reduced to one-third its quantity. Drink this solution to help relieve you.
• Drinking eight to ten glasses of water a day allows the body to get rid of the accumulated toxins. It will also help keep the secretions loose and therefore can be easily removed.
As long as these natural remedies in no way interfere with the medications, they are safe to be tried. But you should inform your doctor if you are taking any alternative cure, simply because certain herbs may interfere with the medicines prescribed by your doctor. Most of these asthma natural medicines are not considered to have any adverse side-effects. However, it is always better to be cautious!